We require a 2 day minimum stay and all reservations must be held with a credit card, all reservations must be canceled 24 hours in advance or your credit card will be charged 1 day of boarding.
Drop off is after 2:00 pm. Pickup before 2:00 pm.
Please read our Boarding Policy below for additional information and contact us with any further questions or to make an appointment.
Hebron Animal Hospital Pet Boarding Policy
The doctors and staff of the Hebron Animal Hospital want to thank you for considering us and our facilities to care for your pet while you are away. Although no facility could be as comfortable or relaxing as your own home, we promise to make every effort to make their stay as welcoming and comfortable as possible. We want them to socialize with the staff, in a very “hi-touch” fashion. We would like to provide you with a few policies we have regarding your pet’s stay with us:
- Your pet must remain on a leash at all times, except when confined in a cage or run (indoor or outdoor). This includes from the time your pet exits your car, until our staff takes responsibility (possession) of your pet, and then again as you leave our facility after picking them up. Obviously we are located adjacent to a very busy thoroughfare, and the worst of all scenarios would be a pet getting away and running into the path of a moving vehicle. We promise to take absolutely EVERY precaution to prevent this, and ask that you do the same.
- Our facilities will accommodate a fair number of pets; however during peak seasons they are unlikely to accommodate all those in need. Therefore it is necessary to board pets only by appointment/reservations at all times. If you are planning a trip during the peak traveling seasons including Thanksgiving and the Christmas/New Year holidays, you may need to make your reservations 8-10 weeks in advance, or more.
- All pets must have documented proof of vaccination by a licensed veterinarian. Without proof, your pet will not be allowed to stay with us. This is for your pet’s protection, and for the protection of the other guests staying with us. Absolutely no omissions will be permitted.
- Dogs must be vaccinated for: Parvo, Distemper, Hepatitis, Parainfluenza, Bordatella (kennel cough), and Rabies.
- Cats must be vaccinated for: Calicivirus, Rhinotracheitis, Chlamydia, Panleukopenia (Distemper), and Rabies.
- All pets must have a negative intestinal parasite exam (fecal flotation) within 6 months of their boarding reservation.
- We want you to understand our “flea free guarantee”. To prevent flea infestation to all, including our facility, all canine and feline guests will be administered Capstar, an adulticide for fleas in a tablet form, manufactured by Novartis Animal Health. You can learn more about this revolutionary product at http://www.ah.novartis.com/products/en/cab/capstar.shtml. This policy is irrespective of the time of year or seasons, and is not optional, and the pet owner will be billed for the cost of this service. The pets will be given another dose the morning of departure. This tablet will kill every flea on a pet within 30-60 minutes, and is totally safe to all dogs and cats. This is the only way we can guarantee that your pet, as well as all the others entrusted to us, will not bring home any “unwanted guests”.
- We have every intention of permitting your pet as much exercise and outdoor time as necessary and as weather permits, to ensure your pet is regularly stimulated, gets adequate exercise, and ample time to perform his/her eliminations. We further agree to not put any limit on the number of such occurrences, nor will there be additional charges to the owner.
- Although we will make every effort possible to ward off any illness, and provide the safest physical facilities possible, from time to time accidents or illness do occur. We want the pet owner to understand and accept that if necessary, the doctors and staff will treat as necessary for any illness or injury occurring while in our care, at the owner’s expense. We agree to contact the pet owner in such instances first, but should the owner not be reachable, we will treat your pet the same as if your pet were to be our own.
- If your pet requires specific food, or any medications, we ask that you provide the food and/or medications, in an amount sufficient for the pet’s stay, and detailed written instructions, including how much and when. We will feed all pets Hill’s Science Diet, unless otherwise provided.
- Admissions and Discharges will only be permitted during normal hours of hospital operation, and no exceptions will be permitted. Our hours of operation are: M, Tu, and Th—8 AM to 8 PM; W, F—8 AM to 6 PM, and Saturdays 8 AM to 12 PM. Although we will be present to care for your pets on Sundays and Holidays, we will not be staffed to admit or dismiss pets on these days. There will be no exceptions to this rule.
- If your pet stays 2 or more days (there is a 2 day minimum), your pet can receive a bath, at your request, at 50% off the normal fee. If your pet stays 4 or more days, the bath is free. Please be sure to indicate if you want this service.
- The days of board are calculated as follows:
- The day of arrival is a day of board (must be dropped off after 2:00 PM)
- Checkout time is before 2:00 PM on the day of departure. Pets picked up after 2:00 PM but before 3:00 PM will be charged an additional ½ day boarding fee, and after 3:00 PM will be charged the full additional day boarding fee.
- All reservations must be held with a credit card. We accept Visa, Mastercard and Discover.
- Cancellation Policy: We require 24 hour notice of your boarding cancellation. Failure of notice will result in 1 day boarding charge, up to the full length’s stay during peak times.
- We take great pride in the facilities we maintain and provide for you and your pets. We also take great pride in caring for our patients as well as our guests, and literally provide the same attention and care/considerations we would provide our own pets. Please inspect your pet thoroughly at the time of departure. Let us know if you have any concerns or questions immediately, that we might address them. We maintain an open door policy, and will be glad to provide a full, detailed and documented report of your pet’s stay, as well as any incidents that may have occurred.